How To Study Biology For NEET?

0
187
How To Study Biology For NEET
How To Study Biology For NEET

NEET, one of the most coveted medical entrance exams is all set to take place. With exams just a few weeks away, NEET aspirants are making the most of the time and trying every trick in the book so as to crack NEET with flying colors thus leading them to their dream medical colleges and finally becoming successful medical professionals. However, there are many levels to cross before reaching there, starting with a full-proof NEET preparation strategy. 

The most important section of NEET is hands down the Biology section, as NEET ultimately is an exam for medical enthusiasts. Therefore, the Biology section comprises 50% of the total weightage of the paper. 90 questions are asked from Biology – botany and zoology combined. With 360 marks out of 720 allowed just for Biology, candidates preparing for NEET must ensure that their Biology preparation is sorted and flawless.

Biology section is the backbone, determining your ultimate NEET score. Scoring well in Physics and chemistry sections is just as though they are rank-deciders. Nearly 90% of the questions in the Biology section are from NCERT and the rest 10% are out of NCERT. This statistic is enough for students to realize the importance and role of NCERT in NEET Biology. With this article, we intend to present NEET Aspirants with some important and useful information on how to study Biology for NEET. Read on.

1. NCERT for NEET Biology

If you aim to excel at NEET Biology, ensure you master the NCERT syllabus for Biology. You must literally know each line of the textbook. In contrast to knowing what is important, it is critical to know what is not important. Yes, you read that. Candidates must be aware of the information that is not required to be known and concentrate on important concepts. 

Make sure you study from NCERT alone and read from this same source over and over.

How To Study from NCERT for NEET?

Time and again the role of NCERT has not been stressed enough. Every NEET aspirant knows from where to study, but how many of us know “how to study”? Follow these simple steps for best results, know how to make the most of the NCERT books.

  • Read the chapter first time to understand and from then on to learn
  • Prepare notes, point-wise 
  • For different mechanisms, make flowcharts
  • Stick to the NCERT terminologies used in the textbook. Do not try to meddle with the language of NCERT. This is a very important step while reading and preparing notes
  • Importance of diagrams – Questions on diagrams are sure to be asked this time as they have not been asked in the past two years.

2. Related sources 

For the remaining 10% that appears from out of the NCERT syllabus, go through the following references only. It is more than sufficient:

  • NCERT exemplar 
  • NCERT at your fingertips 
  • Previous years papers – MTG Publications 31 Years NEET Papers and Arihant’s 25 years’ AIIMS 

While solving questions, you come across extra information, questions that were not in NCERT. Make a concise note of all such questions, pointwise that you come across in your notes. Dedicate a separate section for this where you include information obtained from questions you solve from these above-mentioned references. 

You can ignore irrelevant information, out of syllabus information. Make note of the options of the questions, terms which perhaps are not covered in NCERT and prepare point-wise notes for these also. 

3. Key to success – Revision 

The only way you are going to ace exams is through continuous revisions. Revise each chapter at least 10 times. Practice at least 150-200 NEET Biology MCQs every day. This way, your concepts get concrete and doubts, cleared. Do not spend more than 4 hours on Biology. Concentrate on Physics and Chemistry in the time you spend studying from other reference books(apart from the references mentioned here) for Biology. 

These were some steps, following which you can easily obtain that perfect 360 marks in NEET Biology. For more such information, subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube Channel.