Firstly, lots of Windows users have reported that they are getting ‘Windows update cannot currently check for updates’ error message while checking for the updates. So, in this article, we are going to share some of the best methods that could help you to fix the ‘Windows update cannot currently check for updates’ error message from Windows.
Nowadays, Windows operating system is used by millions of users, and it’s the best OS available out there. If you have been using Windows operating system for a while, then we are pretty sure that you might have dealt with BSOD or other errors. Also, there are lots of technology and how-to that you can read.
How To Fix Windows Update Cannot Currently Check for Updates Error
Here, we are going to share some of the best methods that could help you to fix the error message from the Windows operating system. So, let’s check out how to fix Windows update cannot currently check for updates error.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
For those who don’t know, Windows provides users a built-in troubleshooting utility that can help you to fix various type of update related errors. So, in this method, users need to utilize the Windows update troubleshooter to fix the update cannot currently check for updates. Follow, some of the simple steps given below to fix Windows update cannot currently check for updates.
- Step1: First of all, open Windows search bar and type in ‘Troubleshoot’
- Step2: Click on ‘Troubleshoot’ and click on ‘Fix problems with Windows update’
- Step3: Now wait for few minutes and then restart your computer.
Reset the Windows Update Repository
If the above methods have failed to fix the ‘Windows update cannot currently check for updates’ from your computer, then you need to reset the Windows update repository. Follow some of the simple steps listed below to reset the Windows update repository.
- Step1: Open the Search menu and type in CMD.
- Step2: Right-click on the CMD and select ‘Run as Administrator’
- Step3: Now on the CMD, enter the following commands net stop bits, net stop wuauserv. That’s it now restart the computer
Restart the Windows update services
Lastly, if the above method failed to fix the error message, then you need to restart the Windows update service. In this method, you need to make changes to the Services to fix the error message. Follow some of the simple steps listed below to restart the Windows update services.
- Step1: First of all, press Windows Key + R. It will open the Run Dialog box.
- Step2: On the RUN Dialog box, enter the ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- Step3: Now on the list of Services, right-click on Windows Update and select Stop.
- Step4: Now open the command prompt with administrator privileges and enter the following commands.
- Step 5: Now Right-click on the ‘Windows updates’ from the Services and click on Start.